What services do you provide?

We provide nearly 30 distinct programs. Some of the programs you might be more familiar with include Head Start, WIC, energy assistance (LIHEAP), water assistance (LIHWAP), and crisis assistance. Our staff can also connect you with other resources in the community that may benefit your family. We recommend you contact us so we can help you with your specific situation or learn more about all the services we offer.

How do I apply for services?

There are many ways to get started! One of the best is to stop in at one of our family development centers, but you can also call us, send us a message, or apply for some services online. You can also use our online tool to see what services you may qualify for.

How long will it take to process my energy assistance application?

It can take up to 30 days after we receive your completed energy assistance application for you to receive a letter of approval or denial. If you are concerned about the status of your energy assistance application, we encourage you to reach out at 641-752-7162 or energy.assistance@micaonline.org

What is a community action agency?

No matter where you live in the U.S., there is a community action agency nearby that is helping create unique solutions to help move people out of poverty! There are nearly 1,000 nonprofit community action agencies. Most are private nonprofits, like MICA, but some function as part of local governments. All community action agencies help people and change lives, but they can do that in a variety of ways through providing programs and services as unique as the area they assist.

I want to work with MICA on a project (food drive, program or initiative, etc.). How do I get started?

We’re excited you want to partner with us! If you’re interested in volunteering, get started here. For any general inquiries, you can reach out to us at info@micaonline.org, and we will make sure you get to the right person to help you coordinate your efforts.